Simple vegan Syrian red lentil soup with only 4 ingredients! Warming and comforting, this soup will become a regular staple in your winter routine. This soup is so easy, is wonderful with rice or salad, and is a powerhouse of nutrition.
Lentils are high in cholesterol lowering fiber, seven important minerals, B vitamins and protein, with almost no fat!
Another thing I love about this soup is how simple it is to make. The lentils are almost impossible to overcook and re-heat wonderfully. I’ve already made this 3 times 🙂
- 2 cups dried red lentils
- 2 quarts filtered water
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with chopped parsley, vegan yogurt and smoked paprika
- Bring the water to a boil with the red lentils. Turn down the heat and simmer about 30-40 mins until the lentils have broken down and the soup is thickened.
- In a sauté pan heat a Tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil and add the garlic, smoked paprika and ground coriander. Gently cook until coriander is fragrant and the garlic begins to turn golden. Mix into the soup.
- Season to taste with more paprika, salt and pepper. Add more water if you like it thinner.
- Garnish with vegan yogurt, parsley and a dash of paprika or black pepper.