This tonic tea is a wonderful way to start your morning as an alternative to a sweet smoothie-it’s warming and energizing, and will actually keep you from craving sweets all day! It’s slightly nutty and the coconut oil and the fiber from the nuts and seeds will help keep you full longer. This has become my go-to drink to energize me through a busy day on my feet!
This is what Dragon Herbs has to say about gynostemma:
In Asia, Gynostemma is known as a “magical grass.” It has been reported to have a wide range of health-promoting benefits.
Gynostemma is considered to be*
- Invigorating (Not a stimulant)
- Calming (promotes a sense of peace– not a sedative)
- Anti-aging (exhibits antioxidant activity)
- Supportive of the body’s natural immune system
- A respiratory of tonic (helps support a healthy respiratory system)
- A digestive aid (Gynostemma is very soothing)
Gynostemma has been shown in some studies to help to support normal healthy hepatic and cardiovascular function. *
The ultimate greatness of Gynostemma lies in its broad spectrum ADAPTOGENIC (stress modulating) quality.* Adaptogenic herbs help maintain the efficiency of the metabolic, neurological, immunologic, respiratory and endocrine systems. Prolonged consumption of Gynostemma may strengthen the adaptive capacity of the person at every level of their life.*
- 16 oz. hot gynostemma tea
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds, ground
- 1 Tablespoon protein powder, Sunwarrior
- 1 Tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon moringa powder
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seeds
- ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 handful cashews, soaked is best
- stevia to taste
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Blend until smooth. Drink while hot.