Crispy roasted sesame broccoli is a perfect accompaniment to rice or noodles for a healthy, light dinner vegan!
If you always eat your broccoli steamed, you’ll find roasting it a revelation. The texture is absolutely fantastic, and it will even satisfy cravings for crunchy, salty snacks. I love the ease of roasting as well because you can put it in the oven and forget it until it’s done. I think children will love broccoli this way as well!
You might even want to try adding some ginger or garlic to these, or even dipping them in some soy sauce!
Broccoli, by the way, is a powerhouse of nutrition! Did you know that it’s an amazing source of vitamin C, containing as much as 81 mg in one cup. Vitamin C plays a vital role in the formation of collagen, the main support system of the skin. Vitamin A and vitamin E are also crucial for healthy looking skin, both of which broccoli provides.
Broccoli is also a great source of fiber, folate, vitamin K and potassium.
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Toss the broccoli florets with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place them on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until tender and crispy on the edges. While the broccoli is roasting, place the sesame oil and chili flakes in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- When the broccoli is ready, remove from the oven and drizzle wth a little of the chili oil, and sesame seeds, before serving.