Cape Gooseberries are a unique little fruit that is common to South America, and tastes like a mildly sweet earthy tomato. The look like little tomatillos with their paper wrappers!
Their earthy flavor pairs well with stone fruit and melon, and is a great addition to a healthy smoothie bowl. Top with more sliced fruit, granola and coconut and you’re ready to go!
- 1 apricot
- ½ cup cape gooseberries, papery husks removed
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ¼ cup almond mikl or water, as needed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup granola
- ¼ cup oconut chips
- ¼ cup sliced apricots
- ¼ cup sliced cape gooseberries
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Garnish the bowl on top of the smoothie with granola, sliced fruit and coconut chips and shredded coconut.