I thought a smoothie bowl would hit the spot, as it’s light and nutritious. If you’ve never made a smoothie with sweet potato, you should really try this! You can use either raw or roasted sweet potato-high in beta carotene, dietary fiber and vitamin C. Add cranberries and cherries and you get a real boost to your immune system from all the antioxidants!
The frozen cranberries are tart, but the sweet flavor of the banana and coconut sugar balance it. You can sweeten it more to your taste if you like! Top with your favorite fruit, granola, nuts or shredded coconut.
- ½ cup water or almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon ground chia
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato
- 1 cup frozen cranberry
- ½ cup frozen cherry
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar, or 1-2 dates
- garnish:berries, banana, pecans, coconut and chia
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender little by little until smooth.
- Place the blended mixture into a bowl and top with the garnishes. Eat immediately.